BUT, for our Easter Brunch styling, I decided to give this a wholehearted and I'm super pleased to report that it IS a super easy recipe + anyone can make this! If you do, please tag me @thepartycurators on FB/Insta and show me your creations :)
Scroll on for the easiest quiche recipe.
Adapted from BBC Good Food
I used a 22cm diameter circular pan (and had leftover mixture to make me approx 6 muffin-sized mini quiches)
500g block of All-Butter Shortcrust Pastry
Flour for dusting
FOR THE FILLING
1 tbsp Olive Oil
200g Button Mushrooms, sliced
150g Baby Spinach Leaves- I used frozen ones
150g Ham, diced into small cubes / Slices are great too
5 Eggs, beaten
200ml Double Cream
200g Cheddar Cheese, grated
10-15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved (for garnish)
1 tsp of Mixed Italian Herbs / 2 Thyme Sprigs - I used a combination of both
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a deep 22cm flan tin. I trimmed them & used a fork to make these lined edges (since I didn't have a flan tin & was using a flat round baking pan) Chill in the fridge or freezer for at least 15 mins.
- Line the quiche pan with baking parchment and fill it with baking beans (if you don't have any, I used red beans to hold the paper down). Place on a baking tray, then bake for 15-20 mins. Remove the beans and parchment, then return to the oven for another 5 mins to cook the base. Remove, then reduce oven temperature to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then cook the mushrooms for 1 min. Add the spinach, then cook for 3 mins more or until wilted down. Finally, add the ham and give it a good stir.
- Combine the eggs with the milk and cream in a jug and season well. Build up the quiche by sprinkling the cheese onto the base, then scatter over the vegetables and pour over the cream and egg mix. Sprinkle the thyme over the top & place cut cherry tomatoes (face up) as garnish.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve in slices and enjoy!
So there you have it! The easiest & delicious homemade quiche you can whip up for your upcoming #EasterBrunch.